Business Administrator and Book-keeper
- Part Time
Job Title: Business Administrator (Conference Team) / Book Keeper (Finance Teams).
Employing Body: The Methodist Church at Coventry Central Hall
Location: Methodist Central Hall, Coventry
Responsible to: Business Development Manager
Purpose of the job:
To maintain the accounts of Coventry Central Hall.
To support and assist the Business Development Manager in the smooth running of the Conference Centre
To maintain the accounts of the Coventry and Nuneaton Circuit.
We anticipate a split of 50%/17%/33% in the above areas, this will be subject to variation in accordance with business needs.
Main Duties will include
- Keep all accounts up to date in accordance with the requirements of the Central Hall Treasurer or the Circuit Treasurer as appropriate.
- Assist the Circuit Treasurer and Circuit Finance Team with maintaining circuit accounts and account queries.
- Resolve payment queries, liaising with the Central Hall Treasurer as necessary.
- Invoice service users in a timely and proactive manner.
- Banking cash payments, cheques and donations as required.
- Reconciling Central hall and Circuit accounts.
- Paying suppliers, employees, ministers' and employees' expenses, and other invoices as required.
- Liaise with customers: provide quotations; ensure customer requirements are met, and invoices are paid.
- Deputise for the Business Development Manager as required.
- Assist with maintaining the bookings diary to maximise room utilisation and availability.
- Assist with the organisation and supervision of larger events such as conferences and concerts.
- Any other duties and responsibilities, identified by the Business Development Manager as are within your capabilities and level of responsibility, in order to meet the needs of the Circuit, Church and/or Conference Team.
Terms and Conditions
- Terms of appointment: Permanent
- 30 Hours per week
- Salary will be between £8.65 and £10.00 per hour dependent on qualifications, skills and experience
- There is a contributory pension scheme into which eligible lay employees will be auto enrolled. Lay employees who do not meet the auto enrolment criteria are eligible to join the scheme subject to certain provisions.
- Working hours are 30 hours per week Monday to Friday.The nature of the job requires flexibility to fit in with the business and will include some weekend working
- 28 days annual leave entitlement plus public holidays although for business reasons it may be necessary for these to be worked with days holiday given in lieu
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory standard Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure.
- Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a satisfactory probationary period
Last Date Modified: June 2017