Lecturers in Photography and Art, Design and Media
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016, our client merged with another College to become a Group. This group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
They are looking for hourly paid Lecturers to deliver Photography and Art, Design & Media. You will have worked within the relevant industry and have experience in the operation and maintenance of the full range of technology equipment and specialist software.
As well as your experience, you must have a relevant degree or professional qualification along with a Level 5 teaching qualification such as DTLLS or equivalent or willingness to obtain it.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To teach on a range of courses within the programme area as agreed with the Curriculum Area Manager.
- To engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress and associated counselling, preparing reports, attending Open Days, preparation of flexible learning materials.
- To contribute to the organisational and development work of the Department and the College, including assistance with quality assurance and self-assessment.
Required Skills and Experience:
The post holder will be a person who:
- has relevant qualification (degree or equivalent) or has recent and relevant industrial experience.
- has a relevant level 5 teaching qualification (PCET/DTLLS/PGCE or equivalent) or willingness to train for one
- ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
The closing date for completed applications is midnight on 30 th July 2017.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.