Team Leader Mechanical Testing
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Team Leader Mechanical Testing
Dependant on skills and experience, plus excellent benefits package
Are you an experienced team leader looking for your next challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced team leader to join the Mechanical Test Department at Lubrizol’s European Test Facility at Hazelwood near Derby. The facility develops and tests additives for lubricants and fuels for the Automotive Industry. Commercial Vehicles and Passenger Car engines are tested along with transmissions and bespoke test rigs that are run to exacting standards to determine the performance and durability performance of the lubricants.
As team leader you’ll have day to day responsibility for a team of highly skilled technicians, and be part of the extended management team responsible for making plans and decisions that help drive the Mechanical Testing department forwards.
We’re looking for someone who has….
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record managing a team in an engineering environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to listen and work well with others
- The ability to motivate and empower a team to identify problems and deliver innovative solutions
- Experience delivering results through continuous improvement and key performance indicators
- A passion to support and develop people through coaching and regular feedback
- The desire to build their own career in a successful company
- Ideally with an HNC/HND in a relevant technical discipline, or equivalent professional work experience
In return we’ll give you ……
- The support to develop your own skills and progress your career as part of a global organisation
- The opportunity to work with teams of highly skilled technicians and specialist engineers in our state of the art facilities
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus, pension scheme, and private medical cover
To apply please click the apply button to be directed.
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video
For further information, please visit: www.visitderby.com, www.visitpeakdistrict.com