Mechanical Testing Technician
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Mechanical Testing Technician
Based at Hazelwood, Derbyshire site.
At our European Technical Centre in Hazelwood near Derby, the Mechanical Testing team conduct proof of performance testing of fluid and mechanical systems in our state of the art test facility, we are currently recruiting for a Mechnanical Testing Techician to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for …
- Preparing, running and maintaining transmission, bearing and hydraulic pump test rigs.
- Ensuring the safe, timely and accurate completion of mechanical tests in support of customer needs.
- Build, install, de-rig and strip Driveline & Industrial test rigs.
- Conduct and monitor Driveline & Industrial tests.
- Measure test components, provide performance ratings and report test results.
- Adhere and promote compliance with company Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures and suggest areas for improvement.
- Suggest and look to implement improvement actions with a proactive and creative approach.
- Interpret technical drawings and manuals as required.
- Interact appropriately within the work group, with engineers and customers.
What you'll need...
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths.
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship with automotive / industrial experience.
- Preferably City & Guilds Certified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Skills.
- Knowledge of Mechanical procedures and mechanical machinery.
- An awareness of safety legislation, procedures and quality systems.
What WE can offer YOU...
- The support to develop your own skills and progress your career as part of a global organisation
- The opportunity to work with teams of highly skilled technicians and specialist engineers in our state of the art facilities
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus, pension scheme, and private medical cover
To apply please click the apply button to be directed.
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.